Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Mistborn & ol'crap

Well I'm back. Went on a little vacation to my boyfriend's family cabin. Which was great because I got to burn through the first book of Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn Trilogy. I really enjoyed it. Recommend the read. Great magic system, story and characters, and according to my b/f (who read all 3 books before me) he answers all questions!  Well since I've had a lot of Mistborn on the mind I've been doodling lots of little Mistborn related art.

Also I just started playing around in PaintTool Sai, and I have to say I kind of love it. I don't quite know my way around like I do in Photoshop, not sure if it has the same features to adjust colors and stuff. But it's much easier that Corel Painter, with similar effects, maybe a bit simpler brushes but easy to work with. I just need to figure out how to map the buttons on my stylus to control the brush size, then it would be perfect.

So to the art stuff. Elend Venture. Heir to House Venture. first Sai experiment. I actually am going to work on more with my backgrounds and composition. I had some great advice from my coworker and really want to start working that way. This one was just already near finished so I just completed it to put up. So DISCLAIMER his is not my attempt at using Sam's awesome advice. Actually all of this isn't. I'll start after this.
The following are more crappy sketches. Unfinished or even really un-thought about. Was just really submerged in the books and wanted to doodle some of the stuff I liked. I think I'll probably try and little Mistborn action animation for animation fun too. Just need to find the time, and need to read more of the books!! These will probably influence some of the stuff to come later.

Vin & Sazed upon entering her first ball at House Venture.
This one's pretty horrible I didn't even finish because my neck started cramping hunching over a dining room table. OMG I'm spoiled I can't draw on anything that isn't a cintiq or adjustable drafting table or my neck/back muscles go out after like 10 minutes or so.
On of my favorite moments! Vin in undergarments versus Lady Shan Elariel, the biggest bitch ever.
These last few are actually a few sketches I had scanned in and forgot to upload for my sketch a day thing that has become more of a sketch ever 3-4 days thing.
Frame by frame of like 2 seconds from Legend of Korra, chi-blocker jump in...
 Avatar: Last Airbender- Zuko vs. Kitara up at the Northern Water Tribe
 Meg Ryan? Meg Ryan as a quick Terry Bogard sketch.. hahaha.
 Thomas laughing at Alias.
 These are some fossils. One is a doodle of Thomas & I back when we played Halo: Reach the second is of our Fable 3 character's family portrait. Never got to color but the joke was all 3 of our children, in the game, for some reason were black. Thomas kept accusing me of sleeping with our male nanny. Funny at the time. A bit late now. haha.

No comments: