Tuesday, January 20, 2009

show sketches...

So I've started work at an animation studio, and the people there are just amazing artists. It's actually really depressing and inspiring all at the same time. They constantly draw, I mean all the time and they are sketching people all the time... Me being a bit rusty on the art side tried to doodle a bit to get back in the habit of it, and in sketching in general.

I wanted to work on the cartooning and caricatures like they do, but I think first I needed to work on just making a person look like the people I'm drawing... So these are some random little doodles I've been piling up in my sketchbook... that I thought I'd put up. Sorry they are so terrible, but I feel bad not putting up work as often as the rest of the world.



These are just some doodles I've done of characters from some shows I watch. the ones of Six & Tigh, from BSG, and the Claire ones all had references. Kate & Daniel of lost were done from memory and maybe one or two peeks at them.

1 comment:

Kim Herbst said...

ahhh I'm terrible at drawing people that are sitting in front of me! Portraiture is something I definitely need to practice on and then carry it into caricatures! But these look neat!