Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Domino, ready for action!

Okay as for the title. Back when I was young and we used to pretend to be X-men characters one of my best friends would sometimes play as Domino, and for whatever reason she would always say "Domino, ready for action!" and flip her hair. It's usually the first thing I think of in association with this character.

Well anyways so in the vein of hour sketches and in combination with watching the first couple episodes of Wolverine and the X-men I decided to draw Domino...

Now Domino holds a very special place for me. Because as a child the Marvel Masterpiece '93 Domino was the 2nd comic card I ever owned, Wasp being the first. But I have stared at that card more times than almost any other, and I was so in love with it that I tried to copy the drawing several times as a child. So I think you can say it had a great deal of influence on my current artist status...

Well anyways. She's often looked over, and yes even forgotten by me. Until the people behind the Wolverine & the X-men cartoon decided to put her in the Brotherhood. ??? Well I'm not sure where they are going with that, I guess she is a mercenary after all. But I was just elated to see her with a rather big role! And she looks badass! Fuck yeah! Anyways, her costume is kind of a combination from what I remembered from the cartoon and her old costume from that card... And the guns are wonky I know. But hey it was done in an hour and I didn't get a reference like I should have...

No comments: